Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interview with Cesya Cuono

Today I am glad to welcome Cesya Cuono, other of Elemental Reality, to my blog! She was nice enough to answer a few questions for us...


What can you tell readers about your book "Elemental Reality"?


I’m not sure what else I can divulge without giving the whole story away . . . Um, there’s a sexy Aussie in it lol. Some great fight/training scenes. Awesome battle. Did I mention a sexy Aussie?

What inspired you to write about a girl who can connect with the elements?

When X-men first came out, I wanted to be one. I thought it would be wicked cool to have an awesome power like that. Pyro was my favorite and I thought it would be awesome if I had electricity power. That was the start. Fast forward to October 2010. Since my imagination doesn’t know how to sit still it played out a scene in my head of this girl with crazy powers battling some kind of nasty looking creature. That was the start of my story. I jotted that scene down and branched the rest of my novel from that.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of "Elemental Reality"? Was it a challenging process?

I finished the first draft in one month. Crazy? Yeah. Then deleted a good portion of it because I didn’t like it. The official draft wasn’t completed until this past July. I probably would have been able to finish sooner but with the death of my grandmother in May it put a hold on my writing. It was challenging because I didn’t have an outline to guide me through my chapters. I would basically just write from the top of my head.

What is your favorite genre to write? What is your favorite genre to read?

Young adult fantasy for writing and Young Adult for reading is my favorite but I’d read anything mostly.

What sort of activities do you enjoy when you are not reading or writing?

You mean besides my (insert sarcasm) awesome full time job that helps pay the bills until I become a rich and famous author? I’m a makeup artist. I enjoy sketching out potential makeup designs on face charts. It gives my brain a chance to have fun without thinking too much lol.

Where can readers find more information on you and your books?

Blog: www.cesyacuonobooks.blogspot.com


Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/cesya_marae


Facebook: www.facebook.com/cesyamaraecuono

*Quick Answers*

Favorite flavor of ice cream? Cookies n’ Cream.

eBook or hard copy? Hard copy.

Favorite season? Fall.

Cake or pie? Cake only because I’m better at making cake rather than pie.

Favorite book? This is actually a hard question. My favorite book as as of right now would have to be Paranormalcy. I so didn’t want to put it down when I started reading it.
 
Thanks for taking the time to do the interview Cesya! I will be posting my review for Elemental Reality soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! I liked hearing where the author got her ideas. I have always wanted to have super powers- although I would pick flying. :) Sounds like a good book!

    I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/
    Take care-
    Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her book yet. :D Sounds like a good book :D Great interview! Thanks for stopping by our site. New follower here :D-TheUnseelieNerd

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because I love them! Come on you know you want to ;)