Saturday, June 11, 2011

Review: Cleah: The Lost Fury Chronicles

Title: Cleah: The Lost Fury Chronicles (The Otherworld)

Author: Brenda McCreight

Format: Ebook

Source: Author

Rating: 4/5

(Goodreads) Summary:

Long ago, in ancient Eire, lived a young orphaned slave named Cleah. Her life is shattered when raiders destroy her home and she is forced to find safety in the Otherworld, where fairies, trolls and dangers await as well as the possibility of love. Cleah soon realizes that in order to survive and return to her own World, she must first learn to fight and to love; and, she must uncover the tangled truth of her origins.

My Thoughts:

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started this book but I'm pleasantly surprised to say that I liked it a lot! There was just enough romance, action, and suspense to satisfy my craving. I also really like the cover, which is odd because I'm not usually fond of covers with full bodies on them. But the model looks exactly like the Cleah I pictured in my head.

One of the main focuses in the novel are slaves. The readers get a glimpse of what slavery is like for Cleah at the beginning, then more of it towards the end. For those who may be sensitive to reading about subjects such as these, know that Brenda does a fabulous job at making slavery brutal and cruel without giving too many gruesome details.

The romance couldn't have been more perfect. Cleah and Rowan started the journey not liking each other all that much, but slowly grew closer and closer. In most novels I read the romance is way too fast, rushed, and usually unrealistic. With Cleah and Ronan, they took it slow but not so slow that is was boring or uninteresting.

The end of the book had a lot of action and tragedy. It was a good ending but I thought it was sort of sad. Ronan and Cleah's future definitely didn't turn out the way I wanted or expected it to, but that's not a bad thing. I'm glad I had a chance to read this novel and for those of you who haven't, I suggest you go pick it up right now!




1 comment:

  1. Yay, it's set in Eire! I must get to it, I love books set during this period.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because I love them! Come on you know you want to ;)