Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Interview With Beth Barany

Beth Barany, the lovely author of Henrietta, was nice enough to answer a few questions for us! Check out my review and the summary for the book here.

Thank you for doing this interview Beth! Can you tell readers about your book Henrietta?

Sure! And thanks for having me here, Brittany! Henrietta The Dragon Slayer is about a jaded hero who gets another chance to make a difference in her world, in a way that she least expected. She's touchy and a little isolated from everyone. She soon learns that there's more to life that reliving her glory days through story and running away from all she knows. You'll have to read the book to find out more!
What inspired you to write about a Dragon Slayer?

I was inspired to create Henrietta because I was so tired of all those fairy tales where the boy goes after the dragon or the giant or some other monster. I grew up reading tons of fairy tales and loved them but was pissed a little at them because I never saw myself in those stories. So I created my own hero -- a girl who kicks butt!
Does your personality reflect in Henrietta's character?

Gosh, I hope so! I do love cardio kickboxing and love being active. And out of all the fighting arts I've tried I still love boxing the best. Like Henrietta, I'm happiest when I'm outdoors and like her I love a good meal!
Do you plan on writing a sequel to Henrietta?

Yes, in fact Books 2 and 3 are in the works! Stay tuned!

Which of Henrietta's companions is your favorite?

Hey! That's not a fair question. I love Paulette for her spunk. I love Jaxter for his humor. And I love Franc for his steadfastness and honor. Please don't make me pick!

How can readers get more information on you and your book?

Glad you asked! If readers are curious about getting notified when the next book comes out, they can sign up for my newsletter here: http://www.writersfunzone.com/blog/beth-barany-novelist/. To learn more about me, go here: http://www.bethbarany.com/beth.html


Thanks for the interview, Brittany! And thank you so much for your review!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book, Beth. Sounds like my kind of kick-assitude heroine. ;)

    Bobbye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review, wonderful interview. Congrats, Beth:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel, Bobbye, and Kim! Hope you enjoy it! Henrietta is my kind of kick-assitude heroine too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because I love them! Come on you know you want to ;)